Print This Recipe
Big Kahuna Cajun Flank Steak Roll-Ups
Submitted by Scott (Knoxville, TN)
- 1 package meat marinade
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic
- 1 flank steak
- BKW Cajun Seasoning
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Cut the steak into two pieces. Using a kitchen hammer (or something you can hammer with…preferably something that has been washed and is sanitary), pound the meat until it is flat. Be careful not to tear the meat.
- Mix the marinade according to the package directions and marinade the steak in a plastic bag for at least 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the cooking oil in a sauté pan and sauté the shallot, onions, red pepper, and garlic. When the onions are tender, add the spinach and sauté until the spinach begins to wilt. Remove from the heat and drain off any excess oil.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the liquid. Season one side of the steak with BKW Cajun Seasoning. Spread the onion and spinach mixture over the seasoned side of the steak. Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture.
- Starting at the long end of the steak, begin to roll up the meat keeping the “filling” inside the wheel. You may secure the roll-up with toothpicks or string.
- Lightly brush the outside of the steak with olive oil and place the meat on a roasting pan.
- Cook the steak in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on your choice for doneness.
- Remove from the oven and slice the steak into bite-sized wheels.